Smart Currency Exchange has been in operation for over a decade and our Managing Director, Charles Purdy, has worked in the industry for more than 20 years. We’ve helped thousands of people to buy property abroad and have transferred more than £5 billion to different countries and currencies.
Our clients are often transferring large sums and, in some instances, their life savings, so we don’t take any chances. We are experienced, highly regulated and security is our top priority. Every transfer is completed efficiently via our tried and tested procedures. You can relax, your money and data is safe with us.
In addition to providing award-winning service and delivering your payments in a timely manner, we have your security in mind from the first phone call.
The following are the ways that you’re protected at every stage of your transfer with us:
- Smart Currency Exchange Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (FRN 504509) for the provision of payment services. If you’d like to confirm our FCA authorisation, please visit our listing on the FCA’s Financial Services Register. Our reference number 504509.
- We are members of two industry trade associations: the UK Money Transmitters Association (UKMTA) and the Association of Foreign Exchange and Payment Companies (AFEP). These were established to ensure shared high standards across the money transfer industry.
- We are a fully incorporated and properly constituted company under English Law. If you’d like to confirm our status with Companies House, head to the UK Government website. The Smart Currency Exchange Ltd company number is 5282305.
- We’ve worked with Barclays Bank and the Bank of Ireland for over eight years. All funds are transferred directly to our client account with either Barclays Bank or the Bank of Ireland, which was set up in accordance with FCA regulations. This client account is separate from any operating bank accounts. Your money will be transferred in, exchanged and then transferred straight back out to the intended destination.
- Upon first contact with Smart Currency Exchange you will be allocated a personal trader. They are there to walk you through the exchange process, to thoroughly explain each service and procedure and to answer any questions or concerns you have along the way. You can contact our team any time on (+44) 20 7898 0541.
- As we’ve helped so many people with their currency exchange needs, we have a lot of happy customers who can vouch for our safety procedures and service.
If anything remains unclear, or you would like further help or guidance regarding our security procedures, please call us on (+44) 20 7898 0541. We want every client to know that their funds are in safe hands and that there is no need to worry. We’re happy to address any queries you have at any time.