£5,000 GBP to EUR
|Units:||One Euro = 100 cents (c)|
|Central bank:||European Central Bank (ECB)|
EUR is the currency of 17 countries within the European Union, known as the eurozone. These are Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Estonia, Spain, Cyprus and Malta.
|GBP British pound sterling|
|Units:||One Pound = 100 pence (p)|
|Also known as:||Sterling, quid|
|Central bank:||Bank of England|
GBP is the currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.
Historical GBP/EUR exchange rate 1999–2021
Typical transactions for 5,000 GBP to EUR:
- Overseas property maintenance payments
- Mortgage payments
- Transfer of rental income or payments
- Private pension transfer for retirement overseas
- School or university fees
Your trading options for 5,000 GBP to EUR:
For a £5,000 GBP to EUR trade on the day, or in the very near future, most clients use a spot trade to convert their pounds to euros. This is the simplest and most direct way to make an immediate transaction at today’s exchange rate.
When making regular overseas payments, the constantly moving GBP/EUR exchange rates [link to GBP/EUR page] can make budgeting impossible.
With Smart’s regular payments plan with a forward contract, we will fix your exchange rate so you know exactly what you’ll be paying every month.
Regular payments plan
If you are making regular payments to the same beneficiaries, Smart can set up a regular payments plan for you.
How it works:
- Register for your account with Smart. This is free, there is no need to pay any money in at this stage, and it takes just a few minutes over the telephone or online.
- Your designated account manager will give you a call to verify the account and discuss your needs.
- Tell us the payees and account numbers you want to be paid, just like for any other online account.
- Transfer the GBP funds to cover the transactions by standing order at least two business days prior to the overseas payments being made.
- That’s it, we will do the rest, paying your overseas bills automatically.